Caramelised Onion Scones
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 50g margarine, butter or solid coconut oil
- 100g Lio Licious Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 50g Lio Licious Caramelised Onion Pieces
- 90-100ml milk of choice + extra for glazing
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking/baking time: 15-20 minutes
- Mix together the flour, oats, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- Rub in the margarine/butter/coconut oil until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs then stir in the cheese and onion pieces.
- Gradually add in the milk until a dough forms then turn out onto a floured surface.
- Roll out to about 8cm thick then use a medium-sized cutter to cut out. Place on a lined baking tray.
- Brush each with some milk (add extra cheese on top of each if you wish) then bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm and enjoy!