Chocolate Mousse & Freeze-Dried Berry Tarts
For the tartlet cases –
- 200g rolled oats (I used Flahavan’s – can be gluten-free)
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Cocofina)
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut butter (I used Meridian Foods almond butter)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 350g silken tofu or thick yogurt
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lio Licious Freeze-Dried Purple Berry Blend
- Lio Licious Freeze-Dried Red Berry Blend
- Lio Licious Freeze-Dried Raspberry Crumb
- First make the tartlet cases: Mix together the oats and coconut in a bowl. Gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup then pour into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 4 x loose-bottomed individual tartlet tins and use your hands or a spoon to push across the base and up the sides. Chill in the fridge,
- For the chocolate mousse, place everything into a blender and whizz up until quite thick and smooth. Scrape out and spoon between the tartlet tins to fill. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle over the beautiful, vibrant freeze-dried fruits – then pop out of the tin and enjoy!