Chocolate truffles with cassis soaked blackcurrants
- 18 freeze dried blackcurrants + 5g for decoration
- 50ml Creme de Cassis
- 100ml whipping cream
- 250g dark chocolate finely chopped
- 50g butter, cubed & at room temperature
- 20g cocoa powder
- Soak 18 freeze dried blackcurrants in 50ml Creme de Cassis for 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours, put the whipping cream in to a saucepan.
- Remove the blackcurrants from the Creme de Cassis, pour the soaking liquid into the cream.
- Gently heat the cream to just before boiling point, then pour the cream over the dark chocolate.
- Whisk the mixture gently to combine the chocolate, cream and Creme de Cassis.
- Once all of the chocolate has melted, whisk in the butter. Put a layer of cling film over the mixture, making sure it is touching the chocolate. Leave to set for 4 hours.
- Take out heaped teaspoons of the chocolate mixture and roll in your hands to form ball shapes, make a hole in the middle, pop in a blackcurrant and roll again to cover over.
- Repeat with all of the truffle mixture. Once made, put the truffles in the fridge to firm up for 1 hour.
- Crush the 5g of freeze dried blackcurrants in a cup and add the 20g of cocoa powder, stir together.
- One at a time, put the truffles in the cup of coca powder and swirl around until coated.
- Store in the fridge, bringing to room temperature before eating.
- Wear gloves when rolling the truffles as it can be messy
- If you want the chocolates to be less bitter, reduce the cocoa powder to 10g and add 10g of icing sugar