225G Whole rolled oats
250g Plain Flour
350g Light soft brown sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
250g unsalted butter
100g white and dark chocolate chips
2 or 3 tins of Carnation caramel
30g raspberry powder
30g whole raspberry or raspberry crumble
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4 and line a 30 x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Pulse the rolled oats in a food processor for a few sections to break them up.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and 1tsp of salt.
- Melt the butter and then stir into the oaty/flour mixture and keep stirring until all the butter is mixed in.
- Take two thirds of the mixture and spoon into the dish pressing down firmly and ensuring the layer is level.
- Take 30g of raspberry powder and add water to it slowly and stir until you have a consistency of a thick sauce.
- Pour the raspberry sauce mix over the entire layer of oats.
- Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over the raspberry sauce layer
- Use half the caramel and layer over the top of the chocolate chip layer
- Take the remainder of the oat mix and layer this on top of the chocolate chip layer
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven and leave to cool completely
- Once cooled….
- Take the remainder of the caramel sauce and layer on top of the oaty mix
- Scatter the remainder of the chocolate chips and whole raspberries and layer on top of the caramel
- Place the dish in the fridge and leave for a minimum of 2 hours
Great centre piece for a family Easter dessert