Festive orange and cranberry truffles - Vegan
- 125 g of dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp Lio Licious sliced cranberries, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g dark chocolate
- Chop 125 g of chocolate and put all the pieces in a large bowl.
- Gently heat up coconut milk in a microwave– don’t let it boil. Add in coconut oil, maple syrup and orange juice.
- Pour hot coconut milk mixture over broken up chocolate. Whisk it until combined into a silky smooth chocolate cream.
- Add the chopped cranberries and mix into mixture.
- When the mixture cools down, leave it in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight) until it has hardened.
- Scoop out a teaspoon of the thickened mixture at a time and roll into balls.
- Mix 2 tsp of cinnamon with 2 tbsp of cocoa in a shallow bowl and roll the truffle balls in this mixture until evenly coated.
- Melt 200g dark chocolate and dip half of the balls into it, using two forks to lift out and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Leave to harden.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.