Hearty Cheese, Apple & Walnut Scones
HEARTY CHEESE, APPLE & WALNUT SCONES
- 225g wholemeal self-raising flour **
- 1tsp salt
- 40g butter
- 12g freeze dried cheddar cheese
- 6g freeze dried diced apple
- 1tsp onion seeds (optional)
- 150ml milk
- 100g chopped walnuts
** Substitute wholemeal flour if you don’t have any, with plain flour & 2tsp baking powder
1. Heat oven to 200C/180 fan/Gas 6.
2. Place flour & salt in a bowl and rub in butter to form breadcrumbs.
3. Add freeze dried cheddar, diced apple, onion seeds (if required) and milk.
4. Combine ingredients to make a dough.
5. Divide mixture in to 8 pieces.
6. Form the pieces into round patties and place on a lightly greased baking tray.
7. Place the remaining chopped walnuts into the tops of the scones.
8. Bake for 10mins or until golden and crispy.
Serving suggestion - As part of a ploughmans lunch, a savoury snack, with salad or just because you can!