Julie’s Apple and Blueberry Buns
- 2 Large Eggs
- Butter or Margarine
- Caster Sugar
- Self Raising Flour
- A small pinch of Salt
- Powdered Ginger
- 1 Large Cooking Apple - peeled
- Lio Licious Whole Blueberries
- Lio Licious Blueberry Powder
- Icing sugar
Here We Go!
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Put 9 large or 12 small bun papers into a bun baking tray
- Weigh your eggs while they are still in their shells. It doesn’t matter whether you weigh in grams or ounces.
- Put the weight of your eggs of butter into a bowl (or better still a food mixer or processor) ie if your eggs weigh 50g then put 50g of butter in your bowl. Add the same weight of sugar. Have the same weight of flour in a separate bowl and put aside for later.
- Cream (beat vigorously) the butter and sugar until smooth and paler in colour.
- Gradually beat in the eggs a little at a time
- Add the flour, salt and a level teaspoon of ginger to the creamed mixture and stir it in.
- Now grate the cooking apple over the bowl and stir it into the mixture
- Gently stir in a heaped tablespoon of Lio Licious whole blueberries
- Divide the mixture between your bun papers – they should be about half full.
- Bake – 12 small buns will take about 17 minutes, 9 large will take about 21 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons if icing sugar with half a teaspoon of Lio Licious Blueberry Powder in a cup. Add a little water and mix to a consistency you can either spread or drizzle. Use this gorgeous fruity icing to decorate your buns.