Lip Smacking Blueberry Muffins
LIP SMACKING BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- 300g self-raising flour (sieved)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g butter
- 90g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 225ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12-24g freeze dried blueberries/handful of chocolate chips
- Muffin cases & muffin baking tray
1. Heat oven to 200C/180 fan/Gas 6.
2. Sieve flour in a bowl and add the baking powder.
3. Rub in butter with fingers until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the sugar, fruit and chocolate chips.
5. In another bowl measure out the milk.
6. Add the eggs to the milk with the vanilla essence and beat lightly.
7. Make a well in the middle of the flour bowl and pour in the milky mixture.
8. Fold the flour all the way around and then stop when the mixture is just combined (don’t worry if there are lumps of flour).
9. Spoon the mixture into muffin cases (fill each case to about ¾ full).
10. Cook for 20mins.
The muffins are ready when they are springy on top and a cake skewer comes out clean.
Serving suggestion - We don’t like our muffins to be lonely so one is never enough.