MOZZARELLA, POTATO AND HERB CROQUETTES
400g Floury Potatoes, large ones cut in half
150g Broccoli, broken into florets
1 medium egg yolk
40g freeze dried cheddar
60g fresh breadcrumbs
For the crust:
20g plain flour
2 medium eggs beaten
100g sesame seeds
4 tbsp olive oil
- Put the potatoes in the saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 14-16 minutes until completely cooked through. Drain and mash well then put back in the sauce pan over a low heat for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly – this will remove excess moisture
- Meanwhile bring a sauce pan of water to the boil and add the broccoli and simmer for 607 minutes until tender. Drain really well and pat dry with kitchen paper. Finely chop the broccoli then add to the mashed potato with the egg yolk, cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal balls and roll each one into desired shape.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Put the flour, beaten eggs and sesame seeds in three separate bowls, roll the croquettes into flour, then egg and then sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a large non stick pan and cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes turning frequently for even golden colour.
Serving Suggestion – With a savoury dip as a snack or a main meal accompaniment.