For the Pavlova 4 egg whites 250g (8oz) Caster sugar 1tsp Vanilla Extract 1 ½ tsp cornflour 1 ½ tsp vinegar 2 tbsp Lio Licious Strawberry Powder For topping: 1 carton double or whipping cream Sugar (to taste) 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Fresh fruit (whatever is in season) Lio-Licious freeze-dried Purple Berry Blend and Whole Strawberries (Moistened with water) Edible Glitter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and draw an outline of a circle-approx 25cm in diameter.
- Whisk egg whites until they hold a stiff peak
- Add vanilla extract and sugar 1 tsp at a time whisking constantly, until the egg whites are glossy. You’ll know that all of the sugar has been incorporated properly when the meringue mixture no longer feels grainy,.
- Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar into the egg white mixture. Slowly whisk in the freeze-dried Lio-Licious Strawberry powder until fully combined.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking tray in the shape of circle, to resemble a wreath. Create a slightly higher border to the pavlova as it will be easier to pile on the topping.
- Place in oven and reduce heat to 150°C. Bake for 1 hour or until firm to touch.
- Turn off oven and leave inside for another hour with the door slightly ajar. Do not worry if there are cracks-most of these will be covered by the topping.
- Whip cream to soft peaks and fold in Vanilla extract and sugar ( according to taste). Assemble Pavlova wreath by topping with the whipped cream mixture and sprinkle with Lio Licious fruits (and edible glitter for extra sparkle!).