SAVOURY CHEESE BISCUITS
320g Plain Flour
140g unsalted butter
120g of freeze dried cheese of your choice – we used parmesan
2 medium free range egg
The above recipe can be split into three so you can make 1 plain cheese and two other versions with other additions.
(for the other flavours you need 30g freeze dried sundried tomatoes and 30g freeze dried caramelised red onions)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Tip the flour and butter into a large mixing bowl and rub the butter and flour through your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Add in the cheese and eggs and mix until you get a nice dough consistency.
- Cut the dough mix into three.
- For the first recipe – plain cheese just roll out and cut out your preferred shapes with a cookie cutter and lay the shapes on the parchment paper
- For the second recipe – add in the tomatoes and remix the dough and then roll out and cut out with a different shape cookie cutter
- For the third recipe – add in the onions and remix the dough and then roll out and cut out with a different cookie cutter
- Place all trays in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until just golden
- Remove once baked and leave to cool on a cooling rack
As a savoury buffet snack, an accompaniment to your cheese board or pop into nice gift bags and give as an alternative Easter gift