SPICED PUMPKIN & BERRY HALLOWEEN MUFFINS
For the muffins -
- 200g gluten-free flour
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150g pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting -
- 200g cream/soft cheese (or use dairy-free alternative)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons activated charcoal
- Dash of vanilla extract
To decorate -
- Lio Licious Purple Berry Blend
- Raspberry Pieces
- Raspberry Crumb
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Mix together the flour, coconut sugar, spices and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree with the eggs and vanilla and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine and form a batter.
- Spoon between the muffin tins and fill each to reach the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Meanwhile beat together the frosting ingredients until thick and smooth and keep refrigerated.
- Once the muffins have cooled remove from the tin. Place the frosting into a piping bag and pipe on top of each one. Decorate with a mixture of the Lio Licious freeze-dried berries - then enjoy!