Sticky Toffee Apple Macarons
- 180 g ground almonds
- 320 g icing (powdered) sugar
- 130 g egg whites
- 60 g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Licious Lio apple powder
- 100ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon Licious Lio apple powder
- Caramel sauce
To make the macarons:
- Preheat oven to 135 celcius.
- Whisk the egg whites until foamy then gradually add the sugar, mix until they form stiff peaks.
- Mix together the icing sugar, ground almonds and apple powder until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the egg whites and using a spatula fold together until its a smooth mixture. Keep (gently) folding for another 30 seconds.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag and cut off the end to around the size of a pea.
- Pipe the macarons onto greaseproof paper or baking mats to around the size of a 50p coin.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To make the filling, whip the cream with the Lio-Licious apple power until it thickens.
- Pipe the cream around the edge of one of the macaron shells, then fill the middle with caramel sauce.
- Place another macaron on top and sandwich together.
- Keep for around 3 days.